Friday, May 20, 2011

God Morgen


Hello, so we looked at a house yesterday and I am having a large amount nervous energy about it. I don't think I really like it. Jeff reminds me its not permanent, but a year is a long time.

So I am writing to help me with my nerves.

We got to attend a work function last night with Jeffs company. It was call Orienteringsdag, um it was like a scavenger hunt in the woods. These are woods that medieval movie directors would love. Tall tall trees, all about less than 3 feet from each other. The ground is crazy soft, you sink a little if you leave the path (it was made of wood mulch). It was sponge like. There are even lucky homeowners who live on in this forrest, Rogaland Arboretum. There are parts to the forrest that the sunlight completely disappears. We did okay on the hunt, I should have tried to see if my phone compass would have worked :(. I don't get service outside the apartment so I don't consider using anything other app.

Just an update: I have checked my email 3 times during this letter to see if the landlord of the apartment has agreed to our offer. I just am having bad joo joo feelings about it and we already put in an offer. Stupid thing I know, but I just... ahh back to distracting letter about Norway.

Max did really good on the hunt. He only fell once. He got all his energy out for sure. Max can now get himself fully ready (minus the button/fly on pants). He's been able to for a while, but now he even can do it with out direction from me. Yesterday when I told him we are leaving in an hour to see the house, but I needed to get ready first. Next time I see him he has picked out his shirt and pants, he had his shirt on and was pulling on his pants. It makes me happy, but as with every step a bit sad. Silly me my emotions are pretty out there lately.

So some cool things: I can use my Maps app on my phone to find places around town, thats not new. What is cool I can use the bus option on the maps, I thought it would be simple. Its even cooler, it routes my trip and finds the bus number that would take me to my destination. Crazy fun, I have had the hardest time getting an English bus route for the area. I just need wifi outside of this place. So I don't get to the mall and forget which bus I need to take home. Ikea awesome by the way. It has all the things I expected and more. Its got a kid play area. Its got a small grocery store, mostly frozen meals & meats. I want to move in to my local Ikea, its like the walmart girl in that movie Where the Heart is. It has a restaurant, serves meals from breakfast to dinner till close at 9pm. Um last fun/cool thing cars here. That will be a whole letter once we start that shopping (after house, ahhh now I am thinking about it again). In Stavanger they have some new brands that Jeff and I are unfamiliar with, Opal is one. And his brand called peugeot, its brand looks like a Porshe ha.

Um still trying to stay sane here, I should also preface the house choice with the face that I want a place when my stuff gets here to Norway. Our shipping company, hmm not a big fan of the person handling us so far. I might have been looking down the cruel reality of wanting things now being perhaps desperate for facial products, running shoes, rainboots. I just want my pantry items too. Like have this amazing mixes that will turn canned tomatoes (they sell that here) into amazing salsa. I would like Max's videos. ahh so now I am complaining. Well I will update you later. I need to do some laundry and feed max grapes.

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment