Thursday, May 26, 2011

Thursday and counting


So no house yet. Things are looking up though, our Relocation/Realtor has been more helpful. Norwegian law discovery number 56: landlords have little hope of kicking renters out so they are very particular about who rents from them. I hope to have one soon, uh soon so we can plant and get out and enjoy Norway & Europe.

Speaking of exploring. I took the bus successfully today to the mall. That was fun... just don't look at the price :). It was a nice sized mall bigger than the Tulsa promenade I would say. It has these cool escalators, they don't step up like I am used to they angle up and down but are completely flat so you can take your stroller on it. I got max new swim trunks, he is very excited to go and swim at Grandmommies pool. I was able to also shop and buy a jacket that looks great for wind!! Max was happily distracted by a balloon from the baguette place, if I knew they offered balloons to kiddos I would have stopped there first! There is a swim, underwear store called Dick & Daisy. Its got man panties of every color/pattern. I have seen these before at a store by the harbor with a hunting scene on it. I did not stop a shop there for the record. I did find a store to get leggings in 20 colors. I also got max & I hats at the sporting goods place. Yes its late May and I am buying hats! His is a wide cotton head wrap, I see all little kiddos wearing them here, its got a monster on it ofcourse. So more about the mall.. it had a bank, and you need to get a number when you walk into the bank. They had two grocery stores inside the mall. They did have mall food, I didn't try it. They had a Body Shop, and mulitiple toiletry shops, some were higher end with perfume or make up. One that I went into had a pharmacy with chairs for each patient, I am assuming you needed a number ticket too to sit down. I got suckered into buying max a round plastic ball about 4 inches diameter with a mickey sticker on it. It had a lolly pop and mickey arm bandz, 20 kr/4 usd.

I bring up the leggings because this is a fashion must have item around here. First of all, the young women & teens still wear denim shorts, just with fancy patterned pantyhose and probably with high top tennis shoes (think Michael Jackson in the 80's). Then there is the skinny jeans, jeggings, leggings every woman of ages below 50 are wearing skinny pants.

Okay so I want to get good pictures of things all over town. Like the construction company called Stangeland. I want to laugh out loud at the irony. Or the road bumps/humps are call Farts, or Farts Demple. There are signs in front of them that say Farts! Max knew farts was an impolite word when we first said it about the bumps. Now thats our favorite thing to say before a bump. Dolly Dimples is a pizza place. PB is a pizza place too. I think of peanut butter every time I see it.

I went to Ikea on tuesday with Max. That was a better bus ride than mondays. We did try to go to another place but we gave up, the wind was awful, and we just walked to Ikea. Aaaa Ikea, it has a ball room for the kiddos to go play, really this is awesome I think. No it gets better. I can leave my sweet spawn at the play area and go shopping. I did not though, I don't need uninhibited shopping time, once again don't look at the price... Smile & Wave. He was very happy to play with others. He mentioned to me after wards that none of the boys he played with spoke eeenglislsh, they didn't know engleesh, he kept on repeating this fact to me in a medium volume. Then we went to eat at the restaurant, food good, price good, but probably won't be rushing back to eat there.

Tuesday was a windy day so I didn't notice the dust. They closed the airport intown, along with airports in Germany and other w Euro countries. This was due to the volcanic action in w Iceland. It wasn't anything like the one last year, but it seems airports are playing the safety game. I saw on the new they have these lasers that shoot straight into the clouds (sounds silly yes, but it was dry crispy BBC info, no joke) to test the dust. So I spent the day inside coughing and avoiding the outdoors. Max needed a day inside too.

I am still waiting for my national ID number, THEN I can get a norwegian bank card. Until then I get to play a game called

Bliss "I dont have a chip"
they say "No cheep?"
Bliss "no chip"
They "you sign"
They "o ahh signator"

Its like a chip in the bank card then you use your PIN number and the money taker does nothing, so I make them work...

So I saved the best news for last... I am getting my biggest birthday gift ever. I am going to Rome!! AHH! I was actually shopping plane tickets for rome for my bday, when Jeff looked helplessly for a way to let me down gently. So I gave up on it for the moment. Then he gets an invite to a Trade Show there the week before my birthday. So this is a happy thing.

Well bye guys for now. Stay safe from crazy oklahoma storms.

No comments:

Post a Comment