Tuesday, September 13, 2011

best laid plans

This was my research for the morning plans:

Green line into chatlet halles

Blue line to 'orsay ville', really just to Norte dame.

Back, blue line to Charles de Gaulle, exit at chatlet halles toward green line to orry da ville

Then the hotel front desk girl gave me an itinerary for the local bus & train, well its not the paris metro whoops well I decided to stay put.

I had considered going back into Paris and seeing arc de triumph & orsay museum/Notre dame. Nope I'm hanging out in a small French town instead.

So I'm postcarding rights now. Drinking black tea at a sidewalk shop, it's a bookstore too. I could stay here forever if max could be here. The food is crazy fresh here. The zucchinis at the store yesterday where gargantuan I could make a whole zucchini lasagna with ONE!!

I called my mom back in Norway and max wore mittens today to school. Yikes!! So the sun is blinding me as the clouds roll by. I ate at a Cuban tapas bar last night. The tapas plate was interesting... I remind the reader I'm not a seafood eater. So I tried all the fried goodness. First the potato cake, it had peas, green beans (frigging fresh too!), and I hope no fish cause I ate all three! Then the probable tuna or pate fried stick. Guacamole & salsa (pase style) with chips (even the corn in the chips jumped out and scream fresh). I ate all three fried long sticks with a fish leg or tentacle in it, dipping helped. Then there was one shaped like chicken nugget (mcd style), nope not chicken, or at least I think. The mood and cigaret smoke added to my five senses. Perhaps the sixth sense, the sense of humor. There where two girls story telling and squealing with laughter at times, made me miss my girlfriends. There was a older set 4, double dating? They were at a busy cafe and impatient (seriously, they just sat down). The waiters weren't all that intent on returning to your table after bringing your stuff to you. There was a token weird girl alone... She didn't speak French ;) she wore her favorite new polka dot top and favorite gold flats.

It may not be kosher to tap away on your phone at a cafe. I get a few looks... don't care. Well I'm off to mail some postcards. Au revoir.

No comments:

Post a Comment