Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Le Eiffel Tour

Le Eiffel Tour

Was Eiffel tower beautiful? Well is a new baby perfect? Is death peaceful? Is sugar sweet?

Yes I know it's brown metal, a bit different from the famous depictions. I don't know a way that it's not a beauty. Again I got to see my friend scary guards with superior guns. I had melon sorbet. They had gellato but not the choice of Jeff & Bliss frambroise. Peddlers wandered around offering champagne, I thought that was a cool touch. You know I'm lucky to be there as a young adult, I figure this is the life. Then I see people enjoying it like it is an everyday thing. There were people that are there playing Frisbee with friends. There's a whole park area that people are just sitting on the ground trying to get their own once-in-a-lifetime picture. They are mostly sitting on plastic sacks cause of the wet ground. We found one, I had a rain jacket so Jeff & I sat. Ironically I imagined where do you take a first date to in Paris? I like the family factor at the tower kiddos everywhere. Jeff & I missed Max like crazy those days in Paris. There was a family, mom dad & little girl. Little girl was smartly pushing a stroller with her baby doll. Her purse was on one stroller handle. It was again a smart black purse. She had a bracelet, watch, necklace & earrings. She didn't need reminded to keep up with her parents she was bold. I thought of my niece when jeff & I saw her. Jeff wants another baby so that was hard to see that.

Seriously I'm at that cafe noir (inside) and a cute little Jack Russel puppy runs inside directly and turns to run behind the bar. The owners wife squeals and the puppy jumps up to her. Funny. Funny. Then bad little puppy runs out then back again and gets in trouble from his young man owner. Ha!

Back to Le Eiffel, yes we went there on the 10 year observance of 9/11, so I wad prepared for it being closed etc. So it was nice that we had free reign of the grounds. We didn't ride up in it. I'm not a person that has to do EVERY experience I just have take it by the eyes usually. Jeff said we would take Max up there some day.

Did I say it was beautiful? Did I say jeff even gave pause to the lady? We both had our moment of visual ecstasy. I wanted to see it slowly. I found it through tall trees that were probably 80 years old. Jeff want to speed walk to it and take in it's achievement in deifying gravity. Admittedly I saw it from the plane earlier and jeff & I spotted it out before we got on the train to it from our hotel. But "golly" (it's the Oklahoma girl) it was worth it all, worth it all. Worth some crusty Norwegian moments. Worth missing max this week. Worth missing TU OU game, maybe missing OU FSU. I will miss OU UT in person (my dad got tickets!!!!!), so ask me then :(. Eiffel was like hearing Vivaldi. In pictures of Eiffel it's like seeing the notes of Vivaldi, but seeing Eiffel in person is like hearing the notes preformed. Okay I'm leaving cafe noir for the last time. Au revoir.

No comments:

Post a Comment