Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Paris!

In a cafe on a corner in a small French town. These ramblings start here. I'm in cafe noir, Chantilly France, mid september. It's a warm 25degrees leaves rustling by, cars & moped rolling on my left. I'm in the entrance of the coffee shop, the doors ate open so I smell the fried food from a shop five doors down. The wind has most people's scarves horizontal. It's even sunny. The cafe has hand drawn wallpaper border. Some panels are like if you took the side of a brown cardboard box and drew on it. It's nice though don't let my explanation frown on it.

It rained earlier. I was trying to eat a sandwich at a park. I mustered on through the rain it was like a light mist, I was mostly protected by the trees above me.

I have walked half the town. It's what a French town should be. Today is Monday so almost no businesses are open. Bars, cafes, grocery stores, travel agencies are open though. I'll have to wait for tomorrow, Mardi, for everything to open. I'm really hoping for chocolate shops to open.

Before the window shopping I got go to a nearby town. Jeff needed a dress shirt. So I took a taxi there & back, not cheap :(. It was a 'mall'. It had a large store inside it called Cora. It was like a target with a store credit card!! I got his shirts, I will never forget euro shirt sizing to USA sizing after today. I also got a new curling iron. Found a speedo for max, no I didn't buy. Saw some boy underwear also.... Um it had a tuck, or stitching that was unusual to say the least. I can't explain it, I even have a question on my face now thinking about it! I went to a store like a small sephora, found jeff some needed cologne and Tate some mini make by bourgeois.

So I am loving France. I realized I hadn't said it yet. The weather is better here. Food is crazy good & fresh. Farmland everywhere. Tall trees, I haven't seen cows yet.

I do miss max I could see him living this. And saying where's McDs?.

Okay battery going. I'll update more back at the hotel. Ha, I didn't say it yet, its the best western! It's nice though. Softer mattresses than Rome too!

No comments:

Post a Comment