So this summer I would hear many phrases about one subject: enjoy the nice days because there will be plenty of not nice days ahead. We did try to enjoy them. Now the sun is setting completely before 6. By halloween it will be setting at 4:45 (complete setting mid 5pm). So I am daily thinking of what to do with our time. Well let me change that- what to do with Max & I after school. And what to do daily so i don't wan't to go to stay in bed all the dark morning. In planning these activities I have become a www.pinterest.com addict. So I will see an activity add it to my ever growing list. Well every so often I will make or do something from the list and put in under a list 'stamp it done' and feel a bit of pride I finished something. Last night I was searching around for a few more ideas and found a decoration for halloween that I already have done :(. I don't know why it bothered me. Maybe I need to change my mind and alter my attitude. After some consideration I decided to get over it and start adding my joy of getting things done and 'max activities' to my blog. So if this bores you I am sorry. I am excited I was making lists last night for the new update to my blog I thought I would add the fun time of research food purchases with the language barrier.
Thank you ahead of time for your patience with my new changes. I hope to meet all my new expectations but since I haven't been all that successful with blogging thus far I do admit that this is a work in progress.
The direction of my projects:
1- Make ahead meals. Yes we have all done this. Now wait and see my freezer & fridge though it is 'american style' (meaning all in one), but the freezer is small and not convenient for frozen casseroles etc. So I am trying to freeze quick meals, snacks & breakfasts that can be warmed up in the oven. I made a list of pre made foods that I buy at the store and fast food meals. I am going to try to recreate these at home in easy individual portions. I admit I have done the premade meals cause its easy and I don't need to learn all the ingredient names in norwegian. Dry Active Yeast was my search last night.
2- Crafts & Recycle crafts- AKA upcycling. This is fun for me. Jeff has been nice about it so far. I have a few pieces of wall art to already add to the old blog. I will tell you shopping for simple craft items has been hard at times and easier than I thought other times. Mostly it takes the planning of translating before you leave the house for the store (I don't have wifi outside of the house so I cannot translate on site at store). Luckily craft stores employees are some of the nicest people I have met here so I can ask them but they don't always know the term from my english explanation.
3- Go to bed at a decent time 8-10pm. I have dreams of better skin, healthier body, clearer brain, and sleep is the answer supposedly, we will see. I am working on it. Though the sleeping through the night process is still difficult so yes you will see me online at midnight on my blog or fb. Max grinds his teeth at night so I get to listen to that if I wake up through the night. Yes Max sleeps with us :/.
4- Continue to explore the new digs. I have a new partner in crime here, she will be known as The Other B, or TOB. She has a little one that isn't in school but we will still have adventures. I hope to continue to describe foods & events from this Oklahoma girls slant.
So this new post was my goal for the morning. Now off to the grocery store- lesson #1 in grocery shopping if you shop at 8-10 am stores will slowly restocking. Slow is an understatement. They are very small stores so very few employees so don't take this as a slap at their workers. Its just I am used to overnight stocking. So on monday morning when I went after Max's busstop I found no cilantro. I was not frustrated though knowing that 'today is not the day for..' that meal. I am hoping that 10:30 will be a better time at this particular store. Oh and I don't know if I have said this yet but we have opted to drive one vehicle here. So most days I walk or bus everywhere. So the store is 700meters away (thank you google maps), 10 minute walk each way. I don't complain about the walk but sometimes I get passed by a person on a bike and then I get grumpy temporarily. I am a horrid biker, I am trying to get gutsy and just bike to store, update you later on that. Well I better go get my warm rainy gear on and scat!
No comments:
Post a Comment