
Good afternoon people!
So today I went on my normal shopping trip downtown. I go to Sentrum (downtown) once a week usually. Yes I broke down and had a McDs chicken salsa meny (like a jr chkn sandwich meal, it has salsa & chips on the sandwich). I took the bus there and planned on taking it back but I missed it twice, then I gave up and walked home.
The walk home was the normal thoughts spinning around in my head. So let me try to spin them on paper, or pixels. I didn't mind the reason for the walk I met a fellow american momma at the grocery store, I heard her talk to her toddler in american and I finally asked her if she knew where to find nutmeg. She's two weeks new here. She has done an expat stent in australia also. So as unpleasant the walk up a few big hills I had a smile about meeting someone new. So then back to the thoughts on the walk. I saw the not so unusual young dad walking his toddler home from barnehager (preschool). The usual trash was here and there on the paths, little tiny pack of 'snuff' or something, they are like individual packets the size of a thimble but flatter. I saw the regular gross condom on the ground. Ew. I don't understand why the sidewalk is the discard place for that. Which brings me back to discarding. To trash your left over food OR to leave it strewn about on the table. Its not an instinct with all to throw their food away. EVERYWHERE! McDs, parks, sidewalks, playplaces (like pump it up), and I am not talking a few food items, a family of 5 leaves a table scattered with ketchup drinks, wrappers etc. Half way to home I realize when I saw bird poo on a car I forgot to do the poo check after I walked by the birds in the sentrum gathering place. Awe man I talked with that new woman and gave her my email and I probably had bird poo on me!! Did the check and cleared my crazy self. Then I was like self what where you thinking? Well self reminded me that I was in awe of the three HUGE ships in the harbor. I don't have a word other than HUGE TITANIC GIGANTIC HUGE. How did all three fit? I also considered in the last third of the trek to stop at a white house and say I'm home. Then a humorous group of 40 adolescent bikers rolled by and it guilted me into keeping the faith and walk more. I say humorous because its windy rainy and chilly so what are these people doing? Biking. No black cat crossed my path this time. Last week a black cat crossed my path, then waited for me to pass. It was beautiful, and a kitten. It looked at me and gave me that look 'Okay, if you want to take me home, its okay with me'. It waited there, I turned around three times looking at me like 'your cats back home will never know'. Haunting little imp. Hope its warm. Most cats here are kinda farm cat like, they have outdoor cats here and they all look scraggly with fur issues and fighting scars. This cat was fluffy and clean looking- meant to be an indoor little creature next to the fireplace. YES its a long walk, lots of thoughts. So there was a teenager walking home from school with a younger boy with downs, they were talking about time (yes I figured out the norwegian). This is when I am again reminded of public school getting out early afternoon, I can't remember its like 1230 or so.
So now you know why I don't blog daily its painful for me to regurgitate this stuff!! Its silly a the ramblings of the idle.
I must Max chat next time I open the blog!
Takk
No comments:
Post a Comment