Hello. Its snowing out there world. Not here but its neat to know its snowing. Its fogging outside. I don't like foggy so fogging is the Norway version. I almost went on my morning walk but I figured i like my life as I know it. Even with my day glow yellow/green jacket I just don't think so. About a month ago there was a neighborhood effort to protect kids walking to school. At each intersection in there is an adult wearing a glowy vest waiting to help kids cross. Its a sign of civility that makes me smile when I see them.
So how am I doing on my new 'blog' plans. Well not there yet. I did move boxes out of the hallway that has been a good thing. I am going to bed earlier on a regular basis, thank you. I have crafted or created in the kitchen almost everyday. I have also added so fun 'homework' for max here in the kitchen area so we can hang out while I cook.
My favorite new craft is these cute little trees. I just need to get some basic yarn to make pompoms for the tree top. Made of paper bags and glue!
So Norway. Well last week Jeff was in the US so I got to drive the car all week again. It was nice I explored a bit more. I had a field trip to meet max at. Max had a playdate for me to take him to. We met some new friends for a playdate downtown for feeding birds, bowling & burger king. Jeff didn't like our car (second car we have tried) it was a baby room color blue. Jeff called him Blu from Rio. Jeff & Max get car sick so I guess it was making them car sick. Jeff had a new car ordered to swap with Blu. I had to pick it up from the dealer. Well, um. It was a comedy. Its still a comedy. First I didn't know how to start it, german car.... So you have to press the brake to start ignition. Step 1 done. It BEEPS WHILE BACKING UP. I have been in a car that beeps but it shuts off the radio- I love being micromanaged by a machine. IT BEEPS, and asks you on the dash board: have you looked to see if you have room? I want to ask it: is it safe to be reading you as I am backing up? It can ask all the questions but I don't have a recourse other than slamming it into a tree, which I won't do. I have to parallel park in front of our house and usually at parking garages there are parallel options. IT BEEPS when I am moving forward to and asks me inane questions on the dashboard.
So Step 1 Start Car. Step 2 drive car. Well got out of parking lot of dealer then couldn't get the hag car to accelerate. Gee. Did I have to go back in again, the lady laughed at the ignition issue. So got across a busy street and still the car is acting like neutral. So I park scream at the car, look around and see - + next to D. So I try + still nothing I don't have a place to park and now things are a bit scary too far from the dealer. Then I try to put it back in D and she takes off. Perfect, Step 2 put it in Drive. Step 3 drive without killing anyone. I did that by the way easily. Step 4 meander through traffic with ease. Should be easy this is why I only drive an automatic engine, I don't want to be playing footie games adjusting gears. No this car wants you to do something while breaking in traffic. If you are at rest for a few seconds with brake pressed the car shuts off, once you lift your foot off brake it restarts itself (odd it goes against step 1's lesson-foot on brake). So each and every time I stop for pedestrians the car SHUTS off. Did I mention I went downtown. I also parked in a tiny garage braking several times behind people who where maneuvering their vehicles. AH ha ha, Jeff is coming home today and will probably instantly figure it out. I did try this gear that is called S (standby maybe) and didn't stop the madness. I did figure out when to use + or - but that had little to do with the engine shut off. I do like the look of the car and it can zig around traffic at 90 km well I just want to know the engine shut off will end.
More fun stuff. I went a fair this week that invites crafts makers from throughout Europe to sell their wares. It was nice, its planned by PWC (old school Petroleum Wives Club, but I don't think they go by that anymore). They sell tea, coffee & cakes to raise money. Donate a cake if you want to attend early. I was busy in german car land so came later. I was impressed by a few of the booths but I guess its the economy or something I just wasn't wanting to buy the whole place. They had beautiful felted wool items. Now maybe cause I was hoping for more non-norwegian crafts. I bought the wool stuff too. I was interested in hand made table runners. Meaning the clothe itself was hand woven, I saw one for 150 USD, it was about 4 feet long. I was trying to find something for Serenity, she is so good at gift giving I thought this would be the year I got her something with a 'wow' attached. I found something, I just don't feel wow. I won't tell you just in case she actually reads this. I did see mens wool underwear, I really was confused I should have taken a picture. I am hoping it was curb appeal for the booth so people would stop by. It worked I couldn't see what else they were selling with all the people standing there. Ding BANANA BREAD done be right back. It wasn't just wool underwear it was colorful, gaudy. So, I am left with that question. There were three wood carvers there, this is a weakness of mine. I remember my mom stopping and drooling over wood carvings since I started to go to craft shows with her. He had wooden cups with handles like measuring cups with a leather loop through the flat handle. I could not give myself a reason I needed the 50 USD cup. The wood carvers made little smooth boxes with even smaller boxes inside. Ahhh I just sighed again. There were doll & little girl clothing booths. I really thought about an outfit for my nieces baby dolls but what to choose and would it fit.... I found a quilt booth with a very nice norwegian woman. Mom would have stopped there for a half hour probably. The woman at that booth saw me and said 'do you sew too?' and explained yes but not this nice and I didn't bring my sewing machine. She offered her card and the info on a local quilting guild. I think the cutest thing was the sheep that were felted over rocks, adorable. I think I walked away from that one, too bad.
I'll update you on the car soon ;)
Well going to clean up the abode so thanks for your time today. Its still fogging wonder if jeffs plane will be on time..
No comments:
Post a Comment