a thought occurred to me tonight. I may have unlocked one more social difference. So today on the way home from the afternoon school bus stop. Max & I walked down our street and a new car was parked at the end of the street. As we passed it two people were loading the tiny compact car with frames and lamps. My next door neighbor (don't know them) is having the upstairs completely redone and I am sure this is the clean out stage. Anyway the mid 50's couple emptying it was less than friendly, like they had that 'funeral' look to them. Or like they were serious surgeons and need not smile. This is not unusual. I still get mildly disappointed with the frowns though (sucker I know). So later tonight I was on my drive home from the store and I realized: Back home: normally one smiles at strangers in a close neighborhood situation so you can trust their appearance in your close quarters. This smile is disarming and it usually should make one feel safer OR you see the lack of truth in their smile and you note this for later use. Its just a smile. I know but they looked like their were serious dental pain. I don't give a flip about the smile, but I don't like them frowning on my street. Take your frown and brass lamps out of Ole Bulls Vei dear, and return when you can avoid my look or smile.
Well now that mystery is solved on to powdered Vanilla, why can't it come in liquid form? Why did that shipping company person lift my 12 oz container of mexican Vanilla. Was she desperate for sugar and alcohol? Or has she been to norway and thought this would be a funny trick. This Vanilla joke affects more people than me, Jeff & Max like their sugar cookies, and I do plan on chocolate chip cookies soon. I will update you on the powdered vanilla, the update will most likely involve me giving up on my american baking recipes..... night all
No comments:
Post a Comment